Could you go one full day without using your Mac?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MACDRIVE, Jan 16, 2007.

1. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

MACDRIVE

I have, but only because it was in for repair. With my Mac being in perfect operating condition, I don't think I could go a full 24 hours without using it; could you?

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Nope- I use a Mac at work as well as at home. I'm always on Macs. PM G4 at work, iBook G4 on the road and dual-core PM G5 at home.

3. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

Probably not since I need to use my macbook every day.

4. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

When we visit my girlfriend's parents out of state, I am forced to go 3 or 4 days without it.

I did bring it down with me once and got lots of oooh's and aaah's. They have a 333Mhz Gateway Pentium II (I believe) with virtually no RAM and Windows 98 to add insult to injury. Oh, and AOL on a 28.8k connection. :eek:

5. JayRx1981 macrumors newbie

Yes, I go visit my parents about once a month for a 2-3 day period of time and am completely Mac-less on those days. Could I go a full week? That'd probably be a little harder, but doable. Could I go without any computer access (even windows-run machines) for that same week? Nope.

6. Quboid macrumors 6502

I would have to learn cause a friend is about to come check it out to buy from me tomorrow. Since i am not in hte US i would have to wait 2 weeks before i get the one i would be buying.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I just went a full week recently.

I have no problem with using Windows, but I didn't even have a computer at all in that week.

EDIT: Well, actually I had a laptop with Windows 3.1, but does that really count?

8. raptor96 macrumors regular

I was on vacation recently and I couldn't get internet...imagine a four star hotel with $15/day internet (even in the business center)! So I didn't use my computer for 5 days then. That said, I've not used my mac for almost a month prior to and during finals when it decided that it was done booting up and ready for a new HD...

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I just went a couple days...the power was out, so that made it easy. :)

10. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

11. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

I don't go a full day without using it normally, but it's not like I'll go through withdrawals without it. I've gone for very long periods of time without using a computer at all...no big deal.

12. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

No. I could if I had to, but I wouldn't be pleasant to be around :p

13. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Hmmm....

No Mac, but Windows: I could survive
    No computer: At least I'd have my Blackberry, browsing the web on that's better than nothing
    No BlackBerry: Where's the nearest gun store?

14. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

all the time when i vacation. no computers at all.

15. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I can.

I've gone a few days at a time because of hurricanes or holidays but if I'm within easy reach of the internet, I generally won't go without it.

16. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

yea i could by why would i go without it?

not to mention im addicted to reading about processors and browsing my faceboook

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If I don't have access to my Mac or any Windows PC with internet, the reason better be good, say I'm lying in a coffin or something.

18. mfacey macrumors 65816

mfacey

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.1; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413 es61)

I can survive okay. I always have my nokia e61 or somebody else's computer. After a few days i start i usually realize how annoying it is not to have my pwwrbook around. I do without on vacation from time to time as well though. Works okay.

19. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Thats why you need a back-up Machine. :D

I have a PMG5 as primary and a MacBook secondary. :cool:

Seriously though I work on them all day long then when I get home I will most likely use mine at home too to check email and surf the tubes. If Im not on my Mac im usually watching a film (now via my Mac :rolleyes: ) or watching Footy/Soccer.

20. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

21. zali0n macrumors regular

22. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

not a snowball's chance in hell.

need it for work and school.

23. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

I'm a liitle (just a little) suprised at how many people just can't live without a computer. C'mon get a life. Commune with nature et cetera et cetera

Even for work (scientist in a university), I could probably manage a few days without using a computer. There are books, paper, pens...

24. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I could but I'd rather not. :p But yes, when I vacation I make it a point to not bring laptops.

25. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

In april 2006 I went 23 days without Internet, cellphones or even...my mac:eek: It was part of a school excursion called "The Journey" what do you say about that, hell. I die when we are parted over 1 day, now think a month!?