Coulthard to Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Nov 18, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Schumi's bitch!! hahahahahahahaha :p

In all seriousness though... it's an interesting possibility, and I think would be more beneficial to Ferrari than the job Badoer is doing at the moment, he has after all spent the last decade racing Newey cars.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=31594

Thoughts?

2. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I wonder if he could swallow enough pride to make the move. But like he himself said, when there's no seats available, you need to have an open mind...

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

if no seats are available then he would... who wouldn't want to spend their days pounding the worlds greatest circuits for fun in a Ferrari! :D

and so silly season continues... :p

4. Jaz macrumors regular

Testing it may only be, but testing for Ferrari? That has got to be the best testing job there is, tied maybe with Williams who are least trying different things.

Do you think Coulthard's moment has passed? What about Barrichello?

It's crazy story, but then so is the whole F1 crowd. Crazy but entertaining.

5. fingers macrumors regular

fingers

I haven't been too impressed with DC's performances lately - but then neither have McLaren... He doesn't seem to have the passion and fire in his belly - compared to his ex teammate anyway - I think he would rather be racing than testing even if it is for Ferrari - hey he could even sprinkle a bit of oil on a very fast corner for one of his team mates to slip on and he might get the main gig after all... lol

6. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I was just thinking the same. He last two team mates have made him look a bit....average really. I don't think that he has the hunger for it either although now that he doesn't have the comfort of a team that he's been in for god knows how long maybe he'll buck his ideas up.

7. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i cant see it happening myself! though it would be interesting if it happened!

8. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

Is Barrichello still signed on with Ferrari? If he is, I wouldn't really see the necessity to make a change. He's a pretty good driver in his own right.

MP

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Barichello, Schumi, and most of the other major players are signed through 2006. Some of them through 2008 (Ross Brawn is I think.)

10. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

LOL that's an understatement.

11. kronos2611 macrumors member

I'd be quite surprised to see DC move to Ferrari to be a test driver, but then his performance over the last few years has hardly been amazing... The way things are going for him - if someone is willing to hire him he should probably go! (don't think appearing on the children in need blankety blank show did his future much good!)

12. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

not wanting to defend the chin... err I mean DC purely because of Spa '98 alone :eek: :mad: :p

but the last few years he's not done all that bad.

2001 he was in another league compared to Mika, fair enough Mika was demotived and uncommitted, but that's not DC's fault.

He comprehensively beat Kimi in 2002,

2003 fair enough Kimi was stunning. ;)

2004 half the season he was the better, more consistant driver.

It's also easy to forget that he beat Mika in both '96 and '97 and was incredibly close and often ahead of Hill when they were at Williams.

The last season must have been hugely difficult for him, knowing that he isn't really wanted at McLaren since they announced Montoya was joining before even the season began, that must really do you're motivation and commitment no favours.

Many people including myself regard him as one of the top development drivers in F1, and as such his experience would be invaluable to any team, nevermind his decade experience in Newey cars and of Michelin tyres.

That said, I'd still prefer Ferrari to pull their finger out and hire Liuzzi pronto, and then get Rossi for '07 (if Schu retires of course) a Rossi Vs. Liuzzi team has the potential to be even better than the Montoya Vs Kimi battle next year! :eek: :D

13. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

What battle? Kimi's gonna wipe the track with him :D

And do you mean Valentino Rossi the bike rider? I didn't think he was that interested...

14. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I think he will as well...

Yep... he's just signed a 2 year Yamaha extension and I think he'll probably win those 2 titles and then make the move to F1 in '07, he'll still be young enough to get a few titles in there as well. :D

But then again Schu might stay on after '06... :D

15. fingers macrumors regular

fingers

That should prove to be some battle - the fiery columbian vs mr icebox!

Who's your money on?

16. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I'm not sure about Kimi's iceman rep judging by the number of times he's pushed marshalls away in a pi$$y fit... :eek: :p I reckon he's just as fiery as Montoya is.

I think Kimi will have him... ;)