Count On Being Blown Away...

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by DannyZR2, Jan 1, 2002.

1. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

Sweet.. just have to say that all the doubters are going to be muted soon... the new banner on apple.com is a great word for a hint on what is to come in 6 days now.. ;)

"Count the days. Count the minutes. Count on being blown away."

Wish I could be there

2. DannyZR2 thread starter macrumors 6502

G5??? at least!

Digital iPhoto Camera
    iPad (portable handheld)
    iMac G4 w/ Superdrive
    iBook G4 700Mhz
    PowerMac G5 up to 1.6Ghz
    PowerBook G4 1Ghz+

and whatever else he's been hiding from us....

3. macboy macrumors regular

I'm starting to think the whole works will be updated, iMac, iBook, PowerBook, PowerMac.... Just think a G5 PowerBook!

4. dj2000 macrumors newbie

I know for a fact that the G5 is not in the near future for apple. So don't get your hopes up for Monday's speech. I know a new system is being released. I don't know specifics but I do know that depending on what screen type you want you might have to wait till February to get it. I have been told the the motherboard configuration on this new machine is yet another unique idea. I am guessing it is a system like the imac but with a G4 and flat screen option. I can't wait to see what comes of the unviling but I know it will be great.

5. reyesg4 macrumors newbie

I have a question,

Would an iMac that could be custom built with anything Apple offers be revolutionary? I think so!

Imagine if you could build-to-order your own all-in-one powermac-speed iMac with a removable video card, 17 in monitor and a Superdrive. Yeah it would cost over $2,500, but you would get the system you want. But, then it wouldnt be an iMac anymore.

6. amichalo macrumors regular

Revolutionary

Take a look at what Apple has pioneered in the way of Desktops:

(1) All-in-one design
    The original Macs were an all in one unit - simple, clean, compact

(2) Consumers demanded choice
    Then consumers wanted to choose their display size and resolution, especially designers, so they split them up a la the PC industry (and then they could use PC compatible displays at a lower price)

(3) The i's have it
    Then the iMac came along and joined the two at the chassis again.

(4) But wait, I missed one
    But does anyone recall the 20th Anniversary Mac? Five years and a day ago, the $10,000 PC had a then industry leading flatscreen with built in speakers and CD-ROM that was connected via a proprietary cable (could Gigawire serve this purpose) to what I will call a 'command module' that housed the CPU, HD, etc.

(5) The next generation
    So perhaps the next generation 'iMac' replacement in the product line will be such a device. I believe all components will be housed in one unit, not two like five years ago, but this would be a revolutionary move for the industry. Gateway couldn't make it happen (even with placement on TV shows liek ER), perhaps Apple can.

7. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

According to what I've heard, the G5 runs way too hot and is way too power hungry to be put in a laptop yet. It's not as bad as the Pentium 4 or Athlon XP though.

Then again... they're working on a mobile P4, but it's supposed to have pretty crappy battery life and heat problems... they might do a G5 laptop, but I really doubt it.

8. BSales Guest

My Vision

So here's some ideas for new machines from Apple..??

For the iMac replacement:
    * Flat Screen / CPU (Kinda a given)
    * Caddy for Screen and CPU
    * Lift out the CPU and it's iPad
    * iPad is pen driven
    * On the net with AirPort
    * Wireless keyboard and Mouse? can still be used with pad
    * Battery recharges when in base

For the "LifeStyle" device
    * A multifunction A/V component
    * Audio HD jukebox
    * Video PVR (Think TiVo / Replay)