Countdown to Tiger 10.4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by liketom, Apr 5, 2005.

1. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

So today is the day Tuesday and my credit card is awaiting the anouncement.

T- minus : ??:??:?? till Tiger

2. Zaty macrumors 65816

If Tiger is announced today and assuming they're updating the store at the usual time, I'd say the countdown now stands at T-3 hours.

3. Lincoln macrumors regular

Lincoln

I hope its today too

I can stand the anticipa.............................tion (think Dr. Frank N Furter for how to say that).

Every day there's new evidence that it will appear on Friday, then Monday now Tuesday (usual day for new announcements). :confused:

In addition .mac has been up and down like a yo-yo lately. According to MacOsRumors Tiger will bring a few .mac additions too.

So will it be today? I hope so, but time will tell.

P.S. Also looking forward to updated iMacs too. :p

4. Zaty macrumors 65816

We'll find out in the next half hour if something is coming. If so, non-US stores will go down within the next 30 minutes! At this time, they're still online though. But that doesn't mean anything as the usually go down after 1pm CET (it's now 12.58 pm). BTW, European stores were offline last night, probably for maintenance. However, they might also have prepared something for the big launch. Let's wait and see :)

5. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

6. Zaty macrumors 65816

How do you know?

7. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

My guess is that Apple will announce Tiger today around 08:00h to 10:00h Pacific Time (+08:00 GMT). Any other guesses?

8. Zaty macrumors 65816

If they followed their usual pattern, they would announce within the next hour or so. Panther was announced about an hour later than hardware, though.

9. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Looks like its not today. It seems more and more likely that the April 1 "leak" was phony -- a shot across the bow at thinksecret and appleinsider and this site. Too bad. :(

10. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

That seems right ;)

11. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Yeah but today isnt april 1st. Today is "early" april. It isnt like anything can be done to change it; it has gone GM. So either they release it now or a bit later, but with a bit later they will loose precious days of advertising. I really do believe that it will be released to buy on the 15th/16th(whenever NAB starts), so for apple it would have to be the sooner the better, but then again apple has always surprised us with some strange things....eg Powermac Shippping dates.

12. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

if it was to come it would be in about 2 mins right ?? 14.00 UK

13. iGary Guest

iGary

14. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I really hope you are right; but as of now (9:04 AM on the 5th) I dont know that we even have reliable info that Tiger has actually gone gold-- all of the stories that I saw had the "gone gold" were stated in conjunction with the April 1 announcement.

15. iGary Guest

iGary

So now we wait until noon EST.

Then I stop caring and watching. ;)

16. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Wouldnt it be released at 9:00 AM cupertino time(not sure which Time zone) that is only happening in 3 hours. This is usually the time that apple releases new products in my memory.

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Damn. I am really hoping for something today. Something!!! I'm easy to please.

18. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

this can not be true !!!

iBook updates / eMac / iMac / Tiger 10.4 WHEN ????? April is here and time is ticking

COME ON APPLE - i'm not spending another penny until i get my updates

(liketom picks up his rattle he dropped out of his pram )

19. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure if anything is going to be announced today it won't be until 9.00am or 10.00am Cupertino time. 5.00pm or 6.00pm UK(GMT) time.

20. TheWitePony macrumors regular

I agree, if it gets to be after noon Cupertino time and no announcement then I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon (as in not this week at least).

21. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

That's what I remember too. 12:00 or so Eastern time, with the store going down at 11:00. So I'm remaining hopeful.

C'mon. At least update the 1.25Ghz eMacs to 1.33. That'd get me through the day.

22. liketom thread starter macrumors 601

liketom

they could at least get rid of them dam iPods from all the stores arrrrr how many times do i have to look at that - picture of an apple logo would be cool if they have nothing

mmm or even a box coverd by a sheet with a phrase : are you ready ? under it .

arrr things to pass the time lol

23. timmyb macrumors 6502

I agree with this. If it has gone gold master, wouldn't Apple say so?

24. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

True, but if Macworld announced it, i would find it strange taht it wasnt Gold. well i am really trying to stay optimistic...i really really want TIGER!!!

25. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

And if they don't announce it today then it is not coming before NAB because Apple will want more than 10 days between their announcement date and the date that Tiger is in stores (unless they will announce it the day it is in stores -- they'd pick up more impulse buyers that way). They could however announce it at the NAB conference which could be the first day that it is in stores. If it is not announced today then a NAB Tiger announcement is what I will be looking for.

Come on Apple update your site today. I want to familiarize myself with all of the great new Tiger features so I will know what to experiment with as soon as I install Tiger on my iBook.