Counter Strike For Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by alexlai5050, Apr 20, 2003.

1. alexlai5050 macrumors member

Are counter strike going to realesa a mac version i wasnt to play it and its such a big online game that i think if they release it for mac it would make some money
    I want to buy virtual pc snd play it but i have heard that it will run so slow
    what do u think about mac version of cs

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

no way...

I'd rather bet on RealPC being able to run counterstrike than expecting half-life mods coming to the mac.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

You know what, that is the #1 question in the gaming section.

I think we need a mod, to make a thread and make it sticky, so everyone can see that CS will NOT be coming to mac, because Half-Life is a VERY old gam engine, which is in-turn really a Quake 1 Engine. :eek:

4. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

there needs to be some kind of vBulletin script that can automatically deny any new posts whose title contains the words "counter" and "strike". the sticky idea may work too. i guess if the source to half-life is ever released (yeah right), it could happen, but by that time, you'd be able to play the game on your cell phone, so a mac port would be a moot point.

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

look, I just want Half-Life 2 to come to mac because half-life for mac was killed a LONG time ago.

Maybe if VPC gets good or the Real PC gets good we can acually play it, but probably not.

6. Macgamer1096 macrumors newbie

Sorry Bud

As I'm sure your aware the companies that make the best games think of the Mac game the least. Infact the only companies that "make" Mac games dont really make them. They simply recode them. Which I would think wouldnt take that long, but its taken them forever to get a simple game like Max Payne out. Now its out but from the time it was originally released to the time it was recoded for us it was like eight months or longer i dont know the exact time frame but it was a considerable amount of time.:eek: