Counter Strike or Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, Jul 5, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Well I'm looking for a new game again, and there are two that are on my mind. Counter Strike for Xbox and Battlefield 1942 for the Mac. I do have Xbox Live, of which I've heard that CS is at it's best. But I also wouldn't mind playing with a keyboard plus mouse again. But what it truly comes down to is solid game play. Which do one of these two do you guys recomend the most? Thanks in advance :)

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

If it was counter-strike on the PC, I'd say go with CS. I played CSX for a few months... constantly... but eventually found myself wanting a KB/Mouse for that type of game. The other bad thing about CSX, compared to the PC version, is that there is a fixed number of maps. On the PC version, there are literally hundreds of maps to play. CSX has what? 15? They can get old.

So I would say go with BF1942. It's a good ol' game, and you'll be able to play with a KB/Mouse, which is best for FPS's.

3. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay then, I'll go with that. Besides, CS is only $20 so I can pick it up some other time.

4. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Neither.

But if I were held at gunpoint, and had to pick? BF1942.

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I agree. Counter Strike sucks. If your going to get a fps for xbox get Rainbow Six, that game destroys CS. BF1942 is the way to go, it's definately better than CS.

6. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just got Battlefield 1942. The multiplayer is fun but lagy as hell (anybody know how to fix this?). Anyway, I'm off to download Desert Combat.

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm glad you got BF. Support Aspyr and not MS :p

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

9. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

neither...cs is waaaay to old to try to hop in it now. Definitly not worth it anymore, people should move on and let it go. BF is an ok choice though...eventhough I wouldn't *actively* get that either lol ;)

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Get a faster computer? It runs perfectly for me on my Power Mac G5. Seriously you can't complain about a game lagging on an iBook.

11. wide macrumors 6502a

BF1942 kinda sucks too... the maps are too large for me. CS for xbox would be great if you are good with the xbox controllers..i am not so it's incredibly difficult for me.

Medal of Honor (Allied Assault, Spearhead, Breakthrough) and Call of Duty are some of the best Mac FPS out there.