Counter-Strike: Source on Crossover

Discussion in 'Games' started by theman5725, Sep 15, 2006.

1. theman5725 macrumors 6502

I just downloaded Crossover and installed Steam and CS:S. When I play CS:S I simply get a black screen. However, if I move the mouse to where the menu choices would be, you can hear the sound that it makes when you roll the mouse over.

What should I do?

2. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

3. smwatson macrumors 6502a

smwatson

Does it work in Bootcamp?

Also, what version of CS are you running Tominated? 1.6?

4. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

Counter-Strike: Source

And no, I do not have boot camp installed so I can't test that. It worked on my PC though.

5. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

From what I've heard, Crossover ain't that great yet, and a lot of stuff doesn't work properly or at all. Sorry man.

6. Pr0jkt macrumors regular

I play CZ 1.6 all the time no problem via bootcamp!!

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's because bootcamp isnt crossover.

Crossover works within Mac OS X and does not require you to have a copy of windows at all.

it's really good in principal, but in practice as it stands

Crossover is really bad for games at the moment. I've tried installing over a dozen games so far and not one has actually worked.

8. theman5725 thread starter macrumors 6502

I see. I wanted to try this before I installed Windows with Boot camp but o well. :/

9. trentrez macrumors newbie

10. csgecko macrumors newbie

Hey there, I know the EXACT problem, I have a MacBook 2.0ghz, 512mb ram, 60gig HD and I installed BootCamp on there not long ago. After installing hl2 and steam etc. All counter-strike source came up with was a black screen :S, but like you said you could hear the menu click. I mananged to create a game by using the console without looking but even then its hardly playable, but the strange thing is HL2 runs perfect....

11. azzurri000 macrumors 6502

I've been having problems with running Counter-Strike Source using Crossover... the same ones as mentioned in the following thread on the software's site:
    http://www.codeweavers.com/beta/cxmac/forum/?t=4;msg=1468

To summarize, the text was extremely blurry and the graphics didn't look nearly as good as they did on my PC. I hope this problem gets fixed soon! I don't want to have to download Windows.

Don't know if anyone else had troubles with this, but I had a hard time choosing the proper resolution.