Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacLady

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2005
I just came across this thread again. In October of 2005 I tried a vegan diet, just to see if it would work. I have a couple friends who are longtime vegans and they are both thin and they seem to eat a lot. I ate as much as I wanted (no, I didn't drink any glasses of vegetable oil) with the emphasis on fresh fruits and vegetables, potatoes, beans and sauces that didn't contain any animal products. I lost 104 pounds over about 8 months and have kept it off. I went from a tight size 16 that I could barely get into to a size 4.

I threw out all of my fat clothes and now I'm too cheap to change the way I eat and have to buy big sizes again. I started walking after the first 60 pounds and I've continued doing that. I walk about 2 miles a day. I move around more too, just because I can, without feeling like I'm lugging around a sack of potatoes.

I also try to eat as few processed foods as possible, mainly because some are so high in salt and ingredients that I never heard of.

I'm not saying it's good for everyone, but it's sure working for me.

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Resurrection thread

Well, I've lost weight before-obvioiusly-both the right way and the wrong way-thought I would find this old thread and update it with my latest.
Due to hormone issues I gained back up to about 250 again-solved the hormone issues and then did a DOCTOR APPROVED diet and would like to report I've lost about 80 pounds of basically fat.
Again-doesn't matter what diet or program you do-just that you're ready to do it and sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I no longer suffer from reflux (I had it bad) and can eat the hottest stuff around worry free-my ankle doesn't hurt anymore (3 surgeries and 90 loss of cartilage), I sleep uninterrupted, Don't snore, more energy and a very clear mind.
Thought I would let those out there know there is a better life on the other side-get off the couch/chair and to borrow from Nike-Just Do It.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.