Country Kit

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fafnir06, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Fafnir06 macrumors newbie

Howd'y once again,
    Thanks a lot to everyone for all the good advice concerning my choice of RAM and HD. I've another small question though -what on earth is the "country kit" that appears automatically when I make up the order for the macbook? A wicker basket, a chequered cloth and some wine? :rolleyes: :)

2. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

Upgrade to "Country Kit Pro" which gets you the wine cooler and bottle opener too. :p

Seriously I think it is the county specific items like plugs keyboard and manuals.

3. Fafnir06 thread starter macrumors newbie

Right :rolleyes: do you think there is any possiblity to order a Russian keyboard in a macbook? I can blind-type my other two languages (english & hebrew), but i'm compartively new to Russian typing, and I don't want to mess up my shiny shiny mac with stickers... :(

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well the russian site (http://www.apple.ru/macbook/macbook.html) is all in russian so I imagine so, you'd need to call Apple to get it though. Alternatively you could get a russian usb external keyboard and use that for your russian.

EDIT: Since Russian has 40 letters, will you even use a QWERTY keyboard?

5. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

6. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

On that site they do not mention Russian keyboard, even in the specs of the macbook. (Russian happens to be my first language :) ). You could call up Apple and see what they can do for you, but I agree that an external keyboard or keyboard stickers are the most economical options.

EDIT: They do mention ISO keyboard (whatever that means).

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And I cant read russian at all ;).

8. Fafnir06 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess stickers it must be, then... sigh... there's something about the Mac that turns even the shaggiest of hippies into a cleaner-cloth wielding Mr. Clean :cool:
    Eraserhead - Russian has 33 characters, so it fits right in :)

9. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You could buy this keyboard for $4.

10. nsbio macrumors 6502a

nsbio

I have Cyrillic stickers on my PB. Adds a nice personal touch to it, I guess... :rolleyes:

11. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I keep a printout next to my computer that shows the German layout. Stickers just get too grungy for my taste.