Couple of iPod Questions...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Cooknn, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Bought an engraved iPod for my 13 year old for Christmas. What a work of art :) Had to unpack it to make sure the engraving was right (didn't unseal the earplugs), and to upload his favorite tunes to get him started.

Questions: How to I delete a song? I accidentally up'd a Creed tune I had on my HD and it doesn't go so well with his Good Charlotte stuff :p

Also - After charging, how can I get it back to the Apple logo in the display? I liked the way it presented itself that way. Thanks in advance!

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Wait a minute, you mean Apple stopped shipping the manual w/ the iPod now? So it's a $300+ device, comes in fancy packaging, but no manual enclosed? Hmmm...

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

(Cooknn) >Questions: How to I delete a song?

Plug in the iPod to a computer with iTunes (or the evil MusicMatch Jukebox for Windows), which should launch the iPod, then delete the song from the software (iTunes or MusicMatch). To completely remove the song on the iPod, don't remove the song from the playlist. Go into the iPod's library and delete it.

>Also - After charging, how can I get it back to the Apple logo in the display? I liked the way it presented itself that way.

So do I. But you won't get that unless you charge the iPod at complete battery drainage (i.e. you can't push a thing on it to turn it on) or you plug the iPod into the nearest computer. You will not see that logo upon startup if you just press a button to normally turn it on.

BTW: Just saw your edit: Get a better pair of earplugs for your teenager. He doesn't need to hear the low quality high-pitch-happy noise coming out of the 30 cent earbuds. :eek:

Grab him a pair of Sony earplugs. These are like the ones I have ($50, reduced to $40). They pump out clear sound and some strong low frequencies. Additionally, they block out 90% of the older sister's screaming. :D

EDIT: FuzzyBallz, the iPod package comes in a cube and WITH a short instruction manual.

4. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Thanks for the advice Cobra. And Ballz - um, no thanks :rolleyes:

5. dave1234 macrumors regular

wow...

Im sure your son is enjoying his iPod very much. But if you are using mac, and you can't figure out how to delete a song....wow...just wow. I don't know how it works with Windows iPods, but I'm sure it cant be too hard. And im sure if you enterd the "help" section in iTunes it would help you out majorly.

6. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Re: wow...

Actually, it's not Christmas yet, at least here in FL. Thanks for the helpful reply :eek:

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

ohhh...

It means, it's a kind of secret... are you sure your son doesn't read this site and already knows what he'll get for X-mas?;)

Enjoy it! My X-mas will be on Dec 29th, when I meet my whole family again, after 4 years, but got already my iPod... :cool:

Hey, it could be a poll: do you use/like the original iPod ear-buds?

I personally use them, but could change them... interesting to see a general point f view...

8. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Re: ohhh...

LOL I don't think so :D Happy Holidays to you and enjoy your iPod!