Couple of Questions About The Mac Mini

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Tuned MP5T, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

I purchased my Mac Mini last Friday without a display. Thinking that I can use my Dell 19 inch Flat panel monitor. However I notice that the text isn't as clean and crisp as you would find on Apple LCD. Is anyone else having this problem? When I get the Apple 20 Cinema Display what some good settings for font size and icon size?

Also if I reformat my Mac Mini what will happen to my .Mac account?

Thanks

2. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Can't comment on clarity, but before you buy the 20" apple cinema have a look at the dell 2005FPW many say it is almost as good as the apple display and at almost half the price you might want to consider it.

3. frozenapple macrumors newbie

I think you need to take a closer look in comparison between the two monitors specifications, then, I think it would become clear.

What model is the Dell?

4. dm33186 macrumors member

i am using the 17 inch dell ultrasharp and its beautiful. make sure you are using the dvi connection if it has it and in display properities configure the colors.

5. altair macrumors regular

Not a thing, just type in your info after you reformat and your .mac account will pop back up.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Don't forget that a LCD monitor is sharpest at its native resolution. If it is native 1280x1024 and you are running the Mac monitors settings at 1024x768, the interpolation will make the image soft. Match the output to the monitor's native resolution.

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Also remember that OSX ships with font smoothing set to "Best for CRT". If you change it to "Best for LCD" you might get better results.

8. krollster macrumors member

Sony is Good

My Mac Mini looks unreal when used with a Sony SDM-HS74P Flat Panel via DVI.

(Hey, it's not Apple but you can't complain too much for £270) :)

9. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I think that could be the problem.