Couple of questions on my purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dayloon, Apr 27, 2005.

1. dayloon macrumors 6502

I've just purchased my first mac. Originally I was going to buy a mini, then decided on a 17" iMac, then a 20" imac. What did I end up buying ? A Dual 2 GHZ PM with 1 GB ram and a 20" apple cinema display :eek:

Anyway, a couple of questions if possible.....

Is it possible to buy applecare after a few months, once the warrenty is close to expiring or can you only buy it with the machine ?

Im used to buying PC's so I apologise if this is a stupid quesiton but when I bought it, there was no mention of a sound card/speakers or anything like that. I presume it's got onboard sound but does it come with speakers ?

Thanks everyone !

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

congrats on your purchase first of all, im jealous!

applecare can be purchased anytime within the first year of owning the machine while it is still under warranty

does come with built in sound, but no speakers, in fact the G5s have optical audio out if im not mistaken

3. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

You can buy Apple Care upto a year after the computer.

It wil have some sort of built-in speaker, probably mono. Apple leave out speakers because they know most people will want top quality, if they need them at all, so they will buy their own.

Enjoy your Mac!