Couple of Questions

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Biggie, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Biggie macrumors newbie

I have created a playlist that I want to burn to a CD. In my playlist the songs overlap during the last 5 seconds (which I want), but when I go to burn the disc the only option that I see is no gap between songs. Is there away to overlap the songs to the disc. Number 2, When I playback tunes on the ipod it seems to put a pause (space) between songs. I listen to a lot of mixtapes, which is one continuous blend of songs. Is there anway to listen without the pauses. Any feedback is very appreciated - Thanks

2. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

As far as the playback on the iPod goes: It is my understanding that Apple does not currently offer the cross fade playback option on the iPod, as it does with iTunes. I think we all wish they did :rolleyes: So, what you experience when listening to the iPod are the pauses built into the recording.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, but I don't think you can do either. iTunes will neither overlap songs on burnt disks nor play truly gapless tunes on iPods AFAIK. :(

4. NicP macrumors 6502

The answers to all of your questions are no, use the link in my signiture to complain to apple about it :)

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

no gapless is pretty sad...

6. playaproved macrumors regular

I'm not sure if you are a windows user or not... but if you are then you can use a program called NERO to crossfade tracks, and it will burn them to CD that way as well. I'm a new Mac OD user (4mos.) so I haven't found a good burning program yet for the Mac.