couple of questionz , plz help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mith, Oct 29, 2006.

1. mith macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    1)i am planning on buying a mighty mouse -blue tooth -enabled (wireless) to go with my 24 inch iMac, need to know if the battery life is good , does anyone know ( i use the computer like all the time more den 5+ a day, not to mention other ppl in the house also use it) so how long will it last until i have to change the battries?

2)also, i have 1GB of ram ( and can't upgrade soon) , and am going to be using parallel desktop for mac, ( i won't be doing anythin serious on the virtual environment it creates but just basic windows applicationz...and probably winamp when i need. so will ti work fine , as in the speed?

3) can i use boot camp to boot windows form a external hard drive?
    yes, no?
    if yes>is it same procedure?

thx in advance
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Get some good quality rechargeable batteries. I have a regular Wireless Mouse and have to recharge them about every couple of months. It's no hassle for me since I just chuck them in the recharger though. :)

1GB of RAM is a good start but I think you might benefit from even an extra 512MB since Parallels can be quite intensive in itself and if you're running anything in Rosetta at the same time then your 1GB will quickly get used up.

As far as I know, Windows still cannot be booted from an external drive. :eek:
  3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    Welcome to MR

MJ is right on - 1.5 Gb (or even 2 Gb) will give you a better experience

MR Hint: If you make the title of your thread representative of the question you are asking, you'll get even better results. This would be the 2197th thread entitled "{*} help". ;)
  4. mith thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    lol srry is just that i had 3 questions,, didn't know what to title my post time will remember that