Couple of things about second users?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mauly, Sep 4, 2005.

1. mauly macrumors 6502

Aug 21, 2003
    Manchester, England
    No1. I'm trying to set up my girlfriends to mail... I managed to setup my gmail to mail with no problems!! Is this possible?

No2. We swap between users alot and its a pain typing in the passords all the time!! is it possible to set it up so we can swap users without having to type in a password all the time - but still have a password like on the first attempt for security?
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    for #2 do you have fast user switching enabled? I can't remember if that allows you to go into the other account without having to type password.
  3. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Oct 27, 2003
    Portland, OR
    I dont think yahoo gives away free pop access like gmail does so i don't think you can set up mail with yahoo mail. And the switching without a password not sure if OS X will allow pass less accounts.
  4. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Apr 1, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    In the US, you have to pay to access your Yahoo emails with a normal mail client. I'm not sure about a UK account.

I wish I knew how to do this. When I first set up my computer, I didn't put passwords on my accounts so I could switch without entering a password. Now I have passwords on the accounts, but really, it isn't that big of a deal to type them in once you're used to it.