Cover Art doesn't display in the side bar - how to get this back?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by BadboyHouse, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

How do you get to display in the side bar in iTunes 11? Seems to have disappeared but I can't find the option to bring it back. In my Songs view it's just that - a text list of songs.Having the artwork in the bottom left corner was good.

2. Guest

Not possible. This is why I am keeping with 10.7.

3. macrumors 65816

Boneheaded decision by the iTunes team. I won't be upgrading until they fix this, as well as album art in song list view. It's like Apple Maps all over again...

4. macrumors 6502

I miss this feature too.. but come on. That's a bit of an exaggeration.

5. macrumors 65816

It's enough to keep me from updating to the latest version of iTunes.......

6. macrumors newbie

I wish I hadn't upgraded...

And it isn't possible to revert using Time Machine either.

:mad:

7. Porco, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012

macrumors 68000

Porco

Not happy, but not surprised that they took this out. Apple are always removing perfectly good features that work perfectly well for no good reason. I think they do it on purpose to try and force long-time users to try the 'new way' that they are currently enjoying in Cupertino this week.

I'm staying on iTunes 10.7 for now, for this and a few other reasons. I have tried out iTunes 11, but I did so in a virtual machine (Parallels) install of Mountain Lion because I was concerned they'd do stupid stuff like this. I actually like some of the things in iTunes 11, but it's almost all aesthetic and not functional, and I use iTunes too much to lose functionality I like just for it to be a bit prettier.

As always, leave feedback with Apple, it improves our chances of getting features we want back returned, even if only by a little bit.

8. macrumors 65816

Yes I miss that too might take a while to get used to not seeing that

9. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

The biggest issue I have with this is that iTunes in LOUSY at finding album art to begin with. That means that I have to hunt it down and add it myself. Now how will I do that?

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

typical apple.

11. macrumors regular

google it. that's what i do.