Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I've been looking around the forums here and on the fence for an AppleTV here for the past year or so, and with this update, I'm finally ready to take the plunge. Currently, I'm downloading/converting everything I can so I can have as much content ready as possible the second they announce the update and I'll go and grab one at the new price. Anyways, someone (sorry, forgot who...) recommended a great site for movie posters (http://www.impawards.com/) that has great quality posters for almost every movie out there. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for cover art for TV shows? Thanks. And just to let you know, I have almost 400gb of 720p .mkv movies in line for conversion via visual hub, can't wait to see how they look on my 32" Samsung HDTV and AppleTV! Sorry, I'm just excited haha

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm curious to see how your Visual Hub process will work with the ability to have 5.1 after the update. Many people have talked about a workaround that sounded like kind of a chore.

Blazer5913

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm curious to see how your Visual Hub process will work with the ability to have 5.1 after the update. Many people have talked about a workaround that sounded like kind of a chore.

Well I owe you a big thanks. I totally forgot about the whole 5.1 update. I mean I knew they added it, and it got me really excited and made me want to get one. But I guess I just figured it would magically "work" and all my HD encodes would have it haha. So I stopped my queue after 40gb were done and I need to figure out how to implement the 5.1 aspect of the audio into the .mp4 encodes. Any ideas???

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
Well I owe you a big thanks. I totally forgot about the whole 5.1 update. I mean I knew they added it, and it got me really excited and made me want to get one. But I guess I just figured it would magically "work" and all my HD encodes would have it haha. So I stopped my queue after 40gb were done and I need to figure out how to implement the 5.1 aspect of the audio into the .mp4 encodes. Any ideas???

We're riding this wave together. I may buy my refurb next week after I know exactly how everything works. There are plenty of answers to come.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.