Cover Flow - Album Shown Twice Though EXACTLY The Same

Discussion in 'iPod' started by HappyDude20, Oct 23, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I use cover flow within iTunes but i've noticed that a few albums, no more than 4 are shown twice even though there is no difference between songs within the album.

It's very odd because one day my whole album cover collection was fine/normal but one day a few split. This is most odd since I do not have this problem within cover flow on my ipod touch.

What can be the issue?

2. macrumors regular

I would check the songs again in iTunes if they are correct, if they are not, just select all those songs from 1 album, rename to album to whatever name, and then rename them back to the original, this has helped several times for me.

3. macrumors 6502a

Agathon

Likely the Album Artist tag, or the compilation tag has been enabled for some of the songs.

4. macrumors 6502a

I agree, I do that, check every space tag... in the album info and put everyspace the same... year, album etc... and if still happen rename the artist or the album with of that way:

original with issue that you say:
    beatles

put this
    beatles1 (the 1 or wharever that you put fixed that issue)

back to original name
    beatles

that fixed to me...

by the way I recommend a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this software iTunify! they made me my life easy on itunes, in seconds I do a lot things, by example when albums dont have tracking numbers, he put 1 2 3 etc... in seconds... or they can change all changing case Caps etc... to all album... they remove dead tracks etc.. a lot thing do that little app ;)

5. macrumors newbie

What I do in this situation is just select everything (all the songs across the duplicate albums) and under get info, set the "part of a compilation" to yes. This will reshuffle everything and providing the album artist and album title is the same across everything it should be all ok.

6. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Even if the field has a space after the Artist it will show duplicate. Select All and Get Info then make sure the Check next to each one.