Cover Flow - Album Shown Twice Though EXACTLY The Same

Discussion in 'iPod' started by HappyDude20, Oct 23, 2008.

1. macrumors 68020

Jul 13, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca
    I use cover flow within iTunes but i've noticed that a few albums, no more than 4 are shown twice even though there is no difference between songs within the album.

It's very odd because one day my whole album cover collection was fine/normal but one day a few split. This is most odd since I do not have this problem within cover flow on my ipod touch.

What can be the issue?
  2. macrumors regular

Jun 1, 2008
    The Netherlands.
    I would check the songs again in iTunes if they are correct, if they are not, just select all those songs from 1 album, rename to album to whatever name, and then rename them back to the original, this has helped several times for me.
  3. macrumors 6502a

Jan 19, 2004
    Likely the Album Artist tag, or the compilation tag has been enabled for some of the songs.
  4. macrumors 6502a

May 3, 2008
    I agree, I do that, check every space tag... in the album info and put everyspace the same... year, album etc... and if still happen rename the artist or the album with of that way:

original with issue that you say:

put this
    beatles1 (the 1 or wharever that you put fixed that issue)

back to original name

that fixed to me...

by the way I recommend a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this software iTunify! they made me my life easy on itunes, in seconds I do a lot things, by example when albums dont have tracking numbers, he put 1 2 3 etc... in seconds... or they can change all changing case Caps etc... to all album... they remove dead tracks etc.. a lot thing do that little app ;)
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 25, 2008
    What I do in this situation is just select everything (all the songs across the duplicate albums) and under get info, set the "part of a compilation" to yes. This will reshuffle everything and providing the album artist and album title is the same across everything it should be all ok.
  6. macrumors 68040

Jul 30, 2007
    Even if the field has a space after the Artist it will show duplicate. Select All and Get Info then make sure the Check next to each one.