Cover Flow Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by actore116, Sep 23, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2007
    Is there any way to change it so that cover flow is organized by Album in alphbetical order rather than by artist?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2007
    Not as yet
  3. macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2007
    Oh you cant do that? Bad, cos I usually sort mine on iTunes or anything by Album name. Because of dance mixes and if you do by artist it messes them all up...sometimes its like Apple dont realise that people listen to dance music and compilations.
  4. macrumors member

Sep 15, 2007
    For some reason I can't get the coverflow to flip through the album artwork. I imported the album artwork (via Amazon) since I imported my CD collection. It seems to only flip two album covers the first and last ones. Since I didn't buy all of my songs through itunes is that the reason. Is there a setting I am missing??
  5. macrumors 6502a

Aug 6, 2006
    Wait, I thought you could just click the button to view your music by album and then rotate the ipod to invoke Coverflow based on that view. Is that not how it's done?
  6. macrumors 68020

Apr 5, 2004
    Huntsville, AL
    Select the "Album" view, then turn the iPod on its side.

Boom ... Alphabetical albums.
  7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2007
    That doesn't work... at least for me
  8. macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2007
  9. macrumors newbie

Sep 24, 2007
    Wait, so is there no way to sort Coverflow by "Album by Artist" like in iTunes?
    Sorting by just "Artist" will spread out my albums in a mess...

EDIT: nm, I just figured out the how to set custom "Sort" tags in iTunes.
  10. macrumors 6502

Sep 20, 2007
    He was being sarcastic....

11. macrumors 68030

Dec 17, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    So is there only 1 way of using Coverflow- view all albums by artist?

What if I picked a genre first, then tilted the Touch on its side- does it only show that genre, or does it show my entire collection?