Cover layout software for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Killyp, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Hi there...

I've got another question here...

What's the best free cover designing software (album cover) for OS X? I can do all the images in Fireworks, but I need something to lay the images out on, so I can then send the images directly to the printer...

many thanks for your help!!!!

Alex

2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

3. Killyp thread starter macrumors 68040

Killyp

That looks quite good. Shame it isn't free.... I don't actually have any money to spend at the moment. I spent it all on this darn MacBook Pro! Money well spent though :D :D

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Ragtime Solo has been pulled, unfortunately. You could always download the 30-day demo (tryout) of InDesign or Illustrator from Adobe.com and use that to get some PDFs ready.

You need to talk to your printer about preparing artwork for press and/or ask some questions in the Design & Graphics forum here on MR.

5. Killyp thread starter macrumors 68040

Killyp

Well I've got the design, front and back, but I'm not sure how I'm going to get it to print the little bits you see at the front and back of the jewel case, so when the CDs in a rack, the name can be read...

6. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

You need to get a template from the pressing plant you're sending the CD to. If you request one, they'll probably be able to supply it based on the options of spine etc that they offer.

We use http://www.sfhuk.net/sfh/products/index.html for my band's releases, and that's how they work. If you need any further info, feel free to PM me.