Coverflow gone in iTunes 11?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by micke1967, Dec 3, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi I just got Itunes updated to v11...but cant find coverflow anywhere??
    is it gone or is it just me??
    best regards micke1967:eek:

2. macrumors 601

sammich

Yes.

3. thread starter macrumors member

thats really sad news...how where Apple thinking since coverflow was almost the very reason for having Itunes since its just so cool...and stylish...
    that makes me sad very sad indeed...
    thanks for the reply though.
    best regards micke:(

4. macrumors 6502

Hopefully someone will make a plug-in again for it (thats how it originally started.)

5. macrumors newbie

Wait ultil the next update and hope that mode will come back :rolleyes:

6. macrumors 6502

I don't like the "expanded" view, particularly the way it dissolves the edges of the album color art into whatever background color the program decides to use for the track list. Ugly. Don't mess with my album cover art when displaying it.

I know the bleeding-edge snarkies will consider this a backward and Philistine reaction, but I absolutely prefer Coverflow to this "updated" look. It was only indirectly a visual analog to flipping through a stack of LPs and shouldn't be swept away from Apple design for fear of overt "skeuomorphism" (or whatever you call it).

Love Coverflow. Please bring it back as an option, Apple?

7. macrumors member

Yep, there's no reason it couldn't be added as an optional window across the top of Songs view...

8. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

Do not miss coverflow, but i can see why some like it and it could be added back as a view option.

I do like the new expanded view for music, however for tv shows i do not like how it is done with different seasons.

9. macrumors 601

sammich

I don't miss it. I can see why it has that 'analogue' appeal to it, but to me it's just cumbersome.

I hope the follow through with getting rid of it in iOS as well. Drives me nuts when it switches in landscape.

10. macrumors member

I use it every day in what is now Songs view - without album cover flow it looks and feels like a spreadsheet!

11. macrumors 65816

AQUADock

You can remove that, it's an option in settings.

12. macrumors 6502

I agree that it should return, but wanted to point out that Coverflow is not a skeuomorph, since it has distinct utility beyond any visual reference to a physical object.

13. macrumors member

Apple is trying as hard as possible to push me to Linux. It's the only explanation. I am so pissed off right now...

14. macrumors member

Dunkaccino

I agree. So utterly stupid to take it out. Surprised it wasn't in the 11.1 update.

15. macrumors newbie

Hear hear!