Coverflow Madness?!?!?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by diamond3, Mar 6, 2007.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I have been using the coverflow for about a day. It seems like a feature that just all isn't there. I believe there are two reasons, for most people its somewhat there own fault. ex. the music isn't organized well enough
    The second would be apple isn't giving you options to deal with coverflow and the organization.

Here is my problem. Having multiple album artwork for the same cd. There needs to be a way that if you are sorted by artist, you can group a bunch of tracks together that make up the cd. One example would be soundtracks that each track are written by a different artist. There should be an option for coverflow that allows you to batch together this cd, then have it show up as "Multiple Artists" and then list the soundtrack underneath. This would solve a lot of the mess for having the same one over and over. Now I know you can sort by album to get rid of this, but that isn't effective for me because I know my songs better by artist; then album.

What i have done in the past: I have always switched the album name with the artist name. This allows me on my ipod to go to the Cars soundtrack for example instead of the separate artists. This keeps my artist list organized and is functional for me.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem with there music and organizing it. I just don't like to see 50 artist extra on my artist list because of the multiple soundtracks. They need to maybe create a custom feature that allows you select which ones to show the album first vs the artist.

Any suggestions on maybe a way that i haven't seen to get around it.

2. calculus Guest

calculus

3. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yes, I can do that and it will limit it to one. But in my ipod it won't show them joined unless I go to the album first. Also, if there is anything different in the info besides artist it wont work.

The other problem, if you go to the album art that is a compilation hit play, it will only play the first song and then go on through the list. This is if you are sorted by artist even though you click the album that say various artists.
    I might be missing features here or can go an alternative route because I haven't been using it for too long. But this is a good way to learn more about.