Covering up Apple Logo!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skrilla™, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

I would guess that nobody in this forum has done this, but am curious if anyone has. If you did, what did you put over it?

I'm thinking of getting a little alien head with 2 holes for the eyes so they'll glow. It will look like a pretty alienware laptop :p

I'm just kidding of course, but I have thought about covering it up. I was about to put a little sticker of my school's mascot over it, but the sticker was just a little too small.

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

3. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

They actually do it on TV shows, when they haven't bought rights from Apple to display the logo (or Apple hasn't paid for it... one or the other). They use stickers and crap, the show numbers uses some logo or something, 24 uses grey stickers, so on and so forth. I'd never do it though, be proud of your mac.

4. Skrilla™ thread starter macrumors regular

I bring my MB to work sometimes, and I use it in meetings every once in a while. You would be surprised at the people who think it is a Sony or something other than a Mac.

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Well, they do rip off the design.

6. tngisaga macrumors member

i personally wouldn't want to cover the apple logo on my mbp. i've seen it done on tv many times though so there are people who do it. haha i like your alien sticker with glowing eyes idea though. sounds cool :)

7. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

8. Mattydj macrumors regular

9. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

[​IMG]

my two........... I used the stickers....for 3 bucks......

10. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

Is there anyone that has actually done this to their macbook pro? How hard would it be for someone who is computer savvy but not mac savvy to follow directions and change the color of the apple logo?

p.s. i know i quoted myself but i just considered doing this to my macbook pro once i get it

11. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

24, are you kidding?! they BLATANTLY use macs, with the apple glowing and everything?

it makes me so happy.

12. scotty588 macrumors 6502

I could have sworn I saw on Iron Chef America when the switch to the announcer he has about 3 Apple screens in front of him but the logo is covered by a black circle.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I saw a thread on it here a little while ago, and I think it had directions. if I find a link I'll try to post it.

14. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

Why would you want to cover it, it's what defines a MacBook...well a MacBook.

15. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Why would you want to cover up the Apple logo? The glowing Apple logo is the best! I get really mad when they don't show it on TV.

16. Skrilla™ thread starter macrumors regular

up until the gay ones HAHA (literally)

they didn't have any that cover the logo though. Oh well I'll just leep it like it is. I thought about putting the little sticker inside, but the instructions look crazy.

17. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

haha thats funny...i didnt believe u at first and then i went and checked it out...sure enough 2 women or 2 men holding hands is an option...totally rediculous

18. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

So, someone being proud of their sexual orientation is apparantly a bad thing? You know, MacStyles also has a straight couple sticker. Grow up.

19. laidbackliam macrumors 6502

the west wing used the presidential seal

20. matttrick macrumors 6502

i agree, but at the same time i dont run around going up to people saying hi, im matt and im straight. straight and proud! i never got that one.