CPU Desk Solutions-Help needed

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Lamprey, Jul 26, 2005.

1. The Lamprey macrumors newbie

Hi, I Need a computer desk bad. the one I have is falling apart and is too cluttered. but all the ones that I can find are too expensive(5%), not right for the job(5%) or too cheap(90%). It is hard to find a computer workstation dek that is of good quality and of right purpose.

I am looking for a desk that, had a shelf about 4 In. above the desk to hold either a flat screen monitor and a CRT, space below for various accessories(USB2-FW hHD's, VCR/DV(videodeck), Hubs and other accessores, must have ample space for keyboard and arms, an under desk CPU holder. and possibly other desk additions. Must be min 48 in wide and at least 24 in deep. I'd prefer adjustable shelves.

The Desk must be able to Hold a lot of weight and be of good quality. I have found that agiodesigns had the desk(they're S7 maple #8289 desk is perfect but for around $600) that I want but I do not know if they are still in business anymore?, and this company http://www.biomorphdesk.com/ (but they are too expensve, over a $1000). Been to k-mart and walmart, but they have cheap stuff that will break fast and of not good quality and not right purpose. Also tried Ikea but they're Jerker computer desk looks promising but is still a bit cheap($200) and does not look very sturdy. Office depot had a desk from Bush for around $200 but they stopped making them a year or so ago.

Well this is where I put my call for help, Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Give me some hints on where to look for a good Desk, or else I might just buy a good dinnertable and lay space down.

Please post comments.. thanks

2. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Hell that's why I invest in woodworking tools... I like quality custom furniture, but I don't like to pay for it.

Sorry I can't help more. Seems like we've had a who lot of 'desk angst' threads lately.

3. The Lamprey thread starter macrumors newbie

Desk space

I would make my own but my experiance with that, turn my head to my book shelf, 6 concrete blocks and a some planks. Gives me wanting something a bit more professionally made.

thx anyway, next...