Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Ok, for some reason, Core Duo Temp only reports that my CPU speed is 1 ghz. It should be 2.0. It NEVER goes above 1.0. It's been like this all day. I'm not in energy saving mode. I am plugged into power. I know about the CD throttling down when your not using it, but I've been trying to watch some HD clips in Final Cut, and the clips are really choppy. I updated to 10.4.8 2 days after the release, and it was fine, so I don't think it's that.

I'm puzzled.

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Restarted, no change

Turned off, unplugged all accessories, turned on and it's back to 2.0 and playing my HD clips just fine.

Now, my CPU won't throttle down from 2.0. Not that I mind, but it's like going from one extreme to the next.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
would you notice this if you weren't running CoreduoTemp though? I never run it, and therefore am never paranoid about my cpu speed. ignorance is bliss :D

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I haven't used a core duo machine(YET) but is there an option anywhere to turn off one of the core to save energy? I've read somewhere that it could be done but I don't recall what machine.

What mac are you using?

Bless

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
if your battery is out the laptop will default to 1.0GHz and lock.

2nyriggz: you can disable a processing core using the developer tools.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.