Cracking Apple's Teasers

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Speculator, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Speculator macrumors newbie

1. This one is BIG. Even by our standards -- 24" LCD Display

2. COUNT the days. COUNT the minutes. COUNT on being blown away -- Huge speed gains

Only makes sense. Everyone IS counting the days and minutes and figuring incredible speed gains could not possibly debut. Could we be shockingly surprised? I'm betting on 2Ghz or Dual 1Ghz+ topping out the high end of Apple's PowerMac lineup.

3. Beyond the RUMOR SITES. Way beyond. -- Portable Tablet & Docking station integrating wide range of wireless control, accessability, and interactivity with similar devices. Runs MacOS X.

4. It's like a BACKSTAGE PASS to the future -- iMusic, professional standard for digitally recording music in MacOS X.

5. To boldly GO WHERE no PC has gone before -- Airport2 or Gigawire (new cable technology 1.6-3.2Gbs standard data transfer rate)

6. Full Speed Ahead : Lust Factor TEN -- MacOS X.2

2. nahaliel Guest

they wouldnt name a 'professional' app iMusic, just like they didn't name their professional dvd authoring app iDVD (although they did release a free dvd authoring app called idvd)

3. DJ Hoyt macrumors member

Good job!

That was so good work. I knew something had to be hidden in those little riddle things. Your quite smart =) I think you're pretty much on the money there.

4. tw9876z macrumors member

i think what they could do with the new tablet is have it that when it gets the airpoprt signal it sortof reflects it so it acts as a new airport and thataway the airport would strech farter and the tablet would have a top airport receiving signal, that means no disconnecting airport and no drops or low singles, so all apple products can run wirelessly.

5. j763 macrumors 6502a

If we see a PDA again -- it'll either be a 3G device revealed at tokyo (3g's actually rolled out across japan now) or a PDA that uses the new Apple-SkyCorp initative. Check this out ->>>>>> http://www.apple.com/scitech/stories/skycorp/

6. tmac macrumors newbie

STAR TREK TODAY

I think all the Star Trek-like phrases are definitely related to IT ---- Here's why - I'm sure a bunch of you watch the show. You know how they always talk to the computer and it wirelessly controls their environment?

They tell the computer to turn on, dim, turn off the lights, prepare food, get into their quarters keylessly, make the room warmer or colder. And of course, the computer controls all their access to information and modes of entertainment.

So - basically, I'm for the digital hub theory. Apple is going to deliver a popular vision of the future that everyone will want.

Remember that super expensive, totally bloated Microsoft house of the future? Well I think apple's new innovation will enable the consumer to do something like that - but affordably, efficiently, and in style.

7. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

You know what

i think we are getting ahead of ourselves. I would be extermely happy with a G4 1.6GHz, and a G5 released next year.

8. Speculator thread starter macrumors newbie

Typical of Jobs

Steve Jobs is really into slogans. This has become more predominant with their non-expo press invitations. I wouldn't have thought there was anything to these slogans if it weren't for the last one they put up on the Lust factor ten. That and the fact that they seem to be more specific than just vague hype -- though it still could prove to be just that.

As for the ISP Space Service or "Global Airport" I think that would fit the bill for the slogan "To boldly go where no PC has gone before". The Trekky language sure pushes it in that direction.

I'm still not totally confident in my assessment of the "backstage pass" slogan, but I'm open to suggestions. I just think there is something to these slogans, and leave it to Uncle Steve to use them as the "organizing framework" for his product/technology introductions.

What do you all think each of the slogans could refer to? I'm hoping for lots of posts until we can come to some sort of consensus on what each of these slogans might refer to.

9. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

10. Timothy macrumors 6502

Backstage pass

BTW...I think many of you are reading too much into the "Backstage Pass" quote...

I think they were merely stating that being at MacWorld itself was like having a backstage pass to the future.

11. ScottF macrumors newbie

Apple Rocks

Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks Apple Rocks

The iWalk Does NOT ROCK !

12. Karma Police macrumors newbie

6. Full Speed Ahead : Lust Factor TEN -- iBrator

13. tweedy7736 macrumors newbie

Sounds Good!

I like what you got from those messages. Makes perfect sense. The only one I'm not so sure about is the Backstage Pass one.

14. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

yah-cause we all need vibrators that hook up to our computer

yipppee (sarcastic)