Cracking DS Grommit

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

well, I knew this was going to happen. My DS Lite has developed a wee crack on the hinge. I've been in touch with NoE and GAME but seeing it's a Sunday and tomorrow is a bank holiday I'll be waiting a while for my answer -

Does anyone know if the hinge replacement service is the same in the UK? I'll be taking mine back soon enough.

ho hum. this will be my 3rd DS Lite. someone slipped up at Nintendo.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The DS Lite cracking is actually extremely rare. That sucks :(

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

4. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've read a lot about the DS having some slip ups.....screen, cracking, bending....How did it happen?....is it covered?

Bless

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Sucks, but on the bright side Nintendo is good about it, the should replace it.

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

yea NoA are in touch with the people and it's all good over there. NoE are very, very... *****. I've emailed GAME and NoE to find out where I stand in this. If they give me a different offer to what NoA are giving then I will scream and I will shout.

7. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

well that was nice, the replaced it with no problems. God knows where NoE stand in this but GAME will replace broken DS's. 'smagical! and good news for us brits.

Some strange things I've noticed though-

The DS Lite white and black seem very different. On both the black models I've tried the hinge drops into place with a nice reassuring "click". Both white models I've tried have not had this. Ditto for the volume slider - the white slider seems wobbly whereas the black one is stiff.

Also I think Nintendo are still using the 2 versions of the touchscreen. Every DS Lite I've used has been sooo sensitive and responsive. But today I've got a new White DS Lite that feels just like my old one. Where you can feel the stylus being pushed through one layer onto another. After seeing the DS Lite stress tests I know it can take a lot of punishment which is reassuring now I have to press down harder on the screen.

Anyone else notice differences in DS Lite versions?