Craiglist!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bobscliff, Mar 7, 2007.

1. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

I'm selling my first product on Craigslist and am very inexperienced. I'm selling my old Dell (specs below). I'm wondering if $300-450 is a good price. Also, I'd like to drop it off in person, what are some good places to meet? (not my house, too creepy a situation)

PowerPC G5 (just kidding)
    P4 1.8 Ghz
    512 mb RAM
    64 mb VRAM
    80 gb HD
    DVD-Rom, CD-RW
    Windows XP Professional Installed
    Also, a 17" CRT display

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

honestly you might get half that. the Macs old counterpart does not have the same retail as the Macs. look at ebay. this should be a good indication on how much you can get, you can even ask for a little more then ebay. If you did not want to met someone at you home/ their home, you could always try a library or a coffee shop.....

3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

I dont think you will get more than $200 for it.
    Its not a bad computer just too many available and for $400 you can buy a brand new one with better specs

As where to meet, starbucks or chain coffee shop is good for three reasons:
    1)CCTV get you, buyer and trade on film. 2) its public no hit and runs 3) they have UV currency machines to make sure you are getting real money. I had one guy give me a fake $50 once, I dont think he knew and was quite willing to give me a real one.

4. bobscliff thread starter macrumors regular

bobscliff

the more i think about it, you're probably right. $200 sounds about right. i'll be happy to get anything really. i'm very inexperienced in these things, how would i handle the actual trade-off? it's a mid-tower computer and a monitor, should we park nearby or something and i transfer it from trunk to trunk?

5. nateDEEZY macrumors 6502a

I would say meet in a public place like for example starbucks. When I usually do deals off of craigslist I always prefer somewhere public, with a decent amount of people nearby. I feel safer that way.