iPad CraigsList Score!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jamezr, Apr 9, 2013.

1. macrumors 603

jamezr

Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!
    The refurbs sell for $579 and new ones for $629.
    The thing is perfect too!

2. macrumors 68020

MrGimper

Whilst I don't want to p*ss on your bonfire, but checking out a serial number with Apple doesn't prove that it's not nicked.

Just saying...

3. macrumors 6502

Nevermind. English to English translation error I think.

4. thread starter macrumors 603

jamezr

true...but it can tell me about warranty and when it runs out.....giving me an idea of when it was purchased. Seller said he only had it for 6 weeks and he was telling the truth.

5. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?

6. macrumors 6502a

I got my 4S for dirt cheap last year from a guy really needing to sell it for rent money. He got it as a gift for Christmas, and by the end of February, he needed cash. I was happy to oblige. I brought my roommate who was studying to be a psychologist (now in grad school) to help me with checking it all out and him as well. I did the same thing with checking warranty info online, brought a small light to check the water damage, and the like, and it was a pristine 4S for only $325. I made it out. I'm glad you got a great deal too...

7. macrumors 6502

srsub3

On craiglist you can get very good deals... I got a iPhone 4 16 gb for 100$ last month... worried about being stolen, but I got box and IMEI was clean.... so enjoy!

8. macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm not saying Craigslist is bad. I just got my iPad 4 16GB for $380. Brand new condition.

9. thread starter macrumors 603

jamezr

Quite right...that why you have to check them out in person. Checking serial numbers for warranty is just part of the process.......

10. macrumors newbie

When I was shopping for an ipad on CL, I google searched for buying tips. I can't remember where I found it, but there was a list of things to do on how to make sure everything works. I wrote the steps down, and when I bought mine, it helped immensely. BTW, I scored a pristine ipad2 64gb for $320.;)

11. macrumors 6502

Good find on CL.
    Not to rain on the parade, I did get one ipad 3 16gb At&t, with bluetooth keyboard, magic cover and smart case and cover all in boxes for $400, on Ebay.
    Make sure you get the serial number and check with apple support, you will not go wrong.

12. macrumors 6502

I got a 3G ipad 2 16 GB a week ago, kijiji in Canada and 2 days later,home button went bust.I had checked it before buying to see it was in warranty and it had 3 weeks left.

Yesterday walked in apple store and came home with a shiny iPad 2 3G :cool::cool:

13. macrumors 6502

it is time to use the home button that will avoid hitting
    the physical button, this way you ipad will not be having same problem.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBfaS5ft2E&NR=1&feature=fvwp

14. macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info :) but I already use it,this iPad was like 11 months old I bought from Kijiji,so that's how the home button went bad. Good for me though, got a practically brand new iPad :D

15. macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

That's awesome! I'm looking on Craigslist right now for a Mini!

16. macrumors 68000

I scored a white Verizon ipad mini for $250 on Craigslist. As I mentioned on the Last Purchased thread, I'm not a fan of the non retina screen but it was too good of a deal to pass up!

17. macrumors 68000

TyPod

Sounds like a great deal, congrats! Good job meeting at a neutral site and asking lots of questions. Seems legit to me!

18. macrumors 68040

so everyone here who complains about craigslist lowballers goes on craigslist and lowballs? lol

19. macrumors 6502

0r30

Nice deal.