Cram and Jam Education Special

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iSaint, Jul 7, 2004.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

The Cram & Jam Education Store special is up on the Apple site. There is no indication of the special that I saw until you get into the Education store.

$200 off an iPod (excluding mini) with purchase of qualifying iBook or Powerbook purchase (12" iBook excluded).

Not a bad deal!

Here's the coupon

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/cramjam.html

and the site

http://store.apple.com/1-800-780-5009/WebObjects/EducationIndividual?type=higherEd

I'll soon be buying a 14" iBook and some sort of iPod (as over 100 CDs were recently stolen from my car, I'm not replacing them - I'm going iPod) I'll soon be a Switcher!

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

12" iBook is okay, as long as it isn't the CD-ROM model, or a BTO based on the CD-ROM model.

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

There have been about 10 threads on this so far.... :eek:

4. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

stevehaslip

do you think that the UK store will get this promotion? or one very similar?? theyd make a killing, i know so many people on the edge of buying, this would sway them im sure. :p

5. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Pissed

I'm so pissed I can throw up!

I bought my laptop about three weeks ago and all I got was a POS inkjet printer via the $89 coupon.

Akh!

6. U2Rules! macrumors member

I bought my powerbook 2 days ago, so imagine my degree of pissed! :mad:

7. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

I just bought an iBook today and my sister bought an iPod, With the education discount + $200 (I only keep 125) I am going to be saving quite a bit of money :)

8. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

Same here. I bought my PB last Monday, but the joy of the PB will make the anger go away.

9. daxdagr8t macrumors member

ya tell me bout it, i just got my pb two days ago. :(

10. themacman macrumors 6502

PB G5

I was at a mac store and he said that there wouldnt be powerbook G5's till at least wwdc 05. SHould i wait or should I get this deel

11. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

[/Sarcasm]I think getting it now is a pretty safe bet. [Sarcasm] Just think, the promo is independant, so you could get this 200 off and that free inkjet printer too!!! Ahh, this makes it hard for resellers, a 200 back promotion ontop of lower than invoice education prices. Ouch.

12. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Clarification

That's possible, however you would need to have bought the ipod/powerbook within the dates indicated on the rebate.