Cram and Jam Rebates: Coming in yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by crachoar, Sep 11, 2004.

1. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Basically, I'm getting a new 15" and I'm wondering how long it takes for the $200 rebate? Anybody get it yet? If so, how long did it take? And also, has anybody gotten an HP printer for free (as well) with their copied powerbook UPC?

Just a little worried about not having money for a long period of time. :(

2. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

I got both rebates in the other day. It took under a month, probably closer to 2-3 weeks. I think they just say 8 weeks so you can't hold them responsible if they are running behind and it really does take 8 weeks. I think as long as they're keeping up, expect the rebates to come within a month or so.

3. dorqiekat macrumors 6502a

4. Mem macrumors member

I received mine roughly three weeks from when I sent them. And, yes, I did both Cram & Jam and Great Looking Deal (w/copy) but I sent a enclosure letter with each rebate form explaining the situation.

5. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Didn't Apple say it was ok to send HP a copy of the UPC?

6. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Yes, that is how you are supposed to do it (because there is only one UPC on the Powerbook)

7. crachoar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooray!

Now all I need to do is convince myself to get a 15" now instead of a month or two from now. Unless the ATi 9800m is officially coming out in Oct. or Nov. Then I will force myself to wait...I think. :(

I wish I knew more about the 9700m 128mb card's performance. Although the Cram and Jam + free Printer offer is awfully hard to pass up.

8. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Go for the Cram & Jam now. The 9800 is too big for the Powerbook in its current form. The 9700 128MB is a great mobile gaming card, without a doubt one of the best currently available.

9. vita_kk macrumors newbie

vita_kk

Oops...I ordered a PB recently but only took advantage of the cram and jam. I was unaware of the free printer offer. Was it only available in the state?

10. 18thTomorrow macrumors 6502

I sent my form in sometime during the last week in august and haven't gotten it yet. So...

11. budugu macrumors 6502

How to check the status?

I was wondering if there was any online site that i could check the status of the rebate?

12. mueng macrumors member

www.apple.com/promo/inquiry