Cram and Jam

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by frequeniquity, May 8, 2005.

1. frequeniquity macrumors member

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm planning on buying my first mac soon along with an ipod. I know that for the past few years there has been a cram and jam rebate of $200 around the time when school starts up. Does anyone know when the dates were, that is, when did you have to purchase the items in order to get the rebate? I'm planning on going out of town in the beginning of August and wanted my ipod for the ride.

2. dhracer88 macrumors regular

Feb 21, 2005
    I think it was from July X to September (26th?). Hopefully someone here has the exact dates...

Good luck on your future purchase,
  3. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I found a reference to it here from last year. This story was posted in early July, so I assume purchases after that point were eligible. Promotion ended September 25.
  4. NP3 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'm pretty sure you have to buy the 'book and ipod on the same bill to get the rebate if i remember right...
  5. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2004
    This is true. I got my PB and iPod during this promotion a year and a half ago.

BONUS FUN: If you are a student you still get the standard student discount on the iPod as well. So all in all, mine came out to 70 bucks for my iPod.
  6. iSaint macrumors 603

May 26, 2004
    South Mississippi y'all, near the water!
    Yeah I love my $69 20g iPod! It's a good selling point for potential switchers.