Cram and Jam?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by NinaPooh, Aug 1, 2004.

1. NinaPooh macrumors newbie

Jul 29, 2004
    Hey all, I just ordered my ibook yesterday for school, but did not buy an ipod for the cram and jam offer (because I'm broke :rolleyes: ) I just wanted to know, if I buy the ipod before September 25, 2004, will I still be able to get the rebate? I wasn't sure if you had to buy them at the same time for the rebate or what. I need time to catch up on my finances, and I'm also still trying to decide if I want an ipod or ipod mini, so waiting a little bit will give me time to decide. Thanks.
  2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    No, I don't believe you'll be able to take advantage of the Cram and Jam deal. Last year, you had to buy both on the same order form, so I'm assuming its the same deal this year.
  3. echeck macrumors 68000

Apr 20, 2004
    Boise, Idaho
    Abstract is right, I actually asked a rep at my local Apple reseller the same question and he said no.

Of course the guy I talked to has given me wrong information before.... but on this I think you have to order them at the same time.
  4. NP3 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    yes, you had to have bought the ipod on the same receipt as the computer. Its unfortunately listed as one of the requirements. At the edu store i work at we called in to confirm this through apple....and its true.
  5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Home of Al-Qaida
    I found the offer to be kinda vague at 1st too, but after reading the Terms & Conditions part in the mail-in-rebate form, the following cleared it all up.

"You must purchase all qualifying Apple products at the same time on the same sales order to be eligible for the mail-in-rebate"
  6. NinaPooh thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 29, 2004
    okay, thanks all for responding; that just made my choice easy. I really wanted an ipod mini and was only going to get the ipod if I still qualified for the rebate, but I guess I'm not qualified so I can still get an ipod mini :D .
  7. SolidGun macrumors 6502

Jul 24, 2004
    Twin Cities
    If you purchase it in within certain timeframe and from Apple store or store, this works.
    What I did was order the 4G the within the hour it became available on site (FedEx overnight). Later that week, I realized that I may want a better portable I bought a 12" PB at the local Apple store. This is when I heard about Cram and Jam offer. I asked the sales clerk if I can bring in my iPOD receipt and box to get the two items on the SAME RECEIPT (which is the requirement for the rebate), and this was done (took a while since they had to get the manager to do something like this, since it mustn't have been a common request).
    I don't know what the return/exchange period is, but that is about the time you have. If you qualify, you could get the Apple loan to get the iPod and work it off. Getting the iPod for only $79 ( or whatever you situation is) is a good deal.
  8. jshum9999 macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2004
    Actually last year, I had a similar problem. I called them and they said that they changed their policy on whether or not it was on the same reciept, and I sent in two reciepts and they gave it to me. You should just call them just to be sure.
    Also make sure you send it in before 30 days of when you purchased the first thing, because on the rebate it says you need to send it in within 30 days of your purchase.
    Hope this helps,