Crap, I deleted iChat!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KevRC4130, Sep 28, 2004.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Hi Everyone,
    So my iChat has been on the fritz lately, so I decided to delete it. I first checked Apple and saw that you could download iChat 1.2. I think, great, I just need to delete this, reinstall it, and bam, I'm back in business. Well I go to download, and I find that it is just an upgrade. It wont download since I don't have the iChat base on my computer any longer. I am wondering if a kind soul could send me a copy of their iChat. I don't think its illegal, since I obviously have had it legally (I'm on a Powerbook with OSX, so it came with it) and paid for, I simply deleted it out of stupidity. If someone wants to, you can PM me with your e-mail or ask for mine to keep it discreet. If there is alternative solution like some way to reboot it then that would be great also.

Thanks!
    -Kevin

2. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Could you possibly try to see if there is a way to install iChat off the install disks that came with your computer?

If not I'll be happy to send you a copy via email.

3. KevRC4130 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just checked both discs. It seems to be all that's on the disc is a complete OSX install, but not specific apps. I'll PM you, thanks!

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Try Pacifist to extract it from your Panther installer disks.
    http://www.charlessoft.com/
    It shareware, but it has a full free trial. You just have to wait 15 sec for it to start up.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk