crazy airport extreme basestation

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by yoda13, Jan 25, 2004.

1. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

my airport extreme base station keeps resetting itself and redialing every few minutes. Do I have a faulty base station or am I having problems with my ISP? Please help me! I have reset it, repowered it, etc. Don't know what to do.

2. yamadataro macrumors 6502

I've never heard of such a crazy base station! It might be a hardware issue like you suggested. It's either the hardware or a preference issue on you basestation.

Does the basestation try to call your ISP even when you don't try to connect to the net or your local network?

By "reset" you mean your basestation does a complete reset of the hardware, or just disconnects your ISP and try connecting again?

3. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

No it just disconnects itself and dials again for no reason. I had an old first gen station around and it did it too after I set it back up. Then I tried a different phone line to make sure it wasn't that, and it did it there too. Then I tried running software basestation on my PowerMac and it did it there too. So I have completely reset my basestation and set it up to use a different number to access Earthlink, my ISP. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

4. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

sorry, it also doesn't try to connect to the ISP randomely, just when I make it try to.

5. yoda13 thread starter macrumors 65816

yoda13

It turned out to be a problem with the phone line, not the base station.....just so everyone knows:)