Crazy Amounts of IM Spam!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dotdotdot, Nov 11, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    On AIM lately, every minute or so I've been something along the lines of this:

"Hey Cutie! We were just checking your profile - your hot. So are we. And naked. Visit ihfshfhsfhwsjkvCrapWebsite.SomeRandomExtentionfsgsgddh!"

They are so annoying!

Just thought I'd share this...
  2. plinkoman macrumors 65816

Jul 2, 2003
    New York
    wow, that sounds so realistic, i wish hot naked people imed me and said i was hot even though they've never seen me before and have no idea who i am...

wait, if they know im hot without ever having seen them, they must have magic powers!!!! that means they're hot naked people with magic!!!! omg, what more could someone ask for... :rolleyes:

the sad thing is some way, somehow, they actually make money off of those...
  3. Sathos macrumors regular

Jul 30, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    There's an option that allows you to ignore incoming IM's from people not on your buddy list, I believe. Hopefully that should help :)
  4. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Yeah but a lot of my friends get new screen names frequently... so thats out :(

Its just so annoying - how did I get on that list???
  5. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    Yea, I get those a lot. I just X them out. I think they get them from my MySpace profile, or one of my other facebook blog thingies. Oh well.
  6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    you haven't
    gee-whiz! you're really missing out !

I've found that I've been getting less IM spam.. Hmmmm..
    *scratches chin*

I've been getting less since I switched to Mac, so maybe that's it?

/switch to Mac
    //Already a Mac User?
    ///ok, this is what you do: Go back to windows
    ////and RESWITCH!
    /////if you do it right, IM spam will stop! :p