Crazy ass iTunes keeps updating iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MacBoobsPro, Oct 1, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I have iTunes 701 set to auto update/upload selected playlists to my nano. But everytime I plug my nano in iTunes erases everything then reupdates the nano. Why?

Nothing has changed in iTunes.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Like the shuffle, it will do that regardless of changes made to your nano playlists. It just does that to make sure. I don't know if it has any if clauses built in to where it says if the nano is plugged in and changes were made since last plug in then update. I think it just says update every time to ensure we don't miss a step!

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I never noticed it in version 6? You would think it would just run a quick test to see if both playlists were equal and not update if they were. If i want to quickly open iTunes and then close it, I cant until my nano has been fed. :(

4. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

That's definitely not supposed to happen. Neither my 30GB or my nano do that.

There's probably something quirky with your updater or the firmware on your nano. Make sure you have all the most recent updates installed for your iTunes (including the most recent iPod updater plugins). Then Restore your nano to its factory settings and allow iTunes to reformat it and replace everything.

Every once in a while an iPod gets screwy and that usually fixes the bugs. Give it a try. Can't hurt.

5. bartelby macrumors Core