Crazy Mac Mini Install

Discussion in 'Community' started by steeleclipse, Sep 13, 2005.

1. steeleclipse macrumors 6502

I worked on this car during the summer... of course I had to put a little Mac flavor into it...

take a look towards the bottom of the 2nd page

www.babyphatcadillac.com

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah. :)

How long did it take you to complete? Is it yours or did you just help with the mini component? It's very impressive.

5. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

this is my friends vehicle, so on behalf of her, thanks :D. she wanted a show escalade, so she hired me to "design" it with her input along the way... she loved the mac idea though... the truck came straight from the dealership right into the shop... it has only been out of the shop for a few months, but it has cleaned up at car shows, and the reason being mainly because of the mac mini/ dj setup

when someone isnt djaying, an iphoto slideshow is playing of the truck being built, or itunes is playing random music...

6. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    wow, seriously impressive install, in every respect...can't say i like the waste of leather in the interior mind, but that's just me.

that's some quality work in there though, very slick.

oh, and i didn't think the mini could run a 30"? how'd you get that to work out the way it does????

7. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

wow...not a fan of the new cadilacs but its an amazing install and custom work job..congrats

8. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks... its not a 30 inch mac monitor, as it is way too high res, and everything would be too small on the screen (plus it doesnt run on the mini) so we actually used a really high res lcd tv so things on the screen look sharp, but are big enough to see as well.

9. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

10. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

anybody know of any touch screen monitors that fit in head rests that could run a second mac mini in the backseat of the car?

11. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

It looks stupid. I think people who try to *pimp* out cars is dumb. Why put that much money into a car to make it look like a *gangster*, or w/e look they're going for. Why would you want nitrous in a pickup truck? You'll really get some good handling with one of those enormous vehicles. Also, why do you need a 800000000000 watt stereo system?

Cadillac SUVs are horrendous. I mean, if esclades are soo cool, why do they have the same dashboard as a chevy tahoe?

12. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I would also like to say that these cars do not represent "individulism". They are just copying what they see on MTV.

13. AaronHeth macrumors member

While the mini install is neat, I absolutely agree with you. I'm glad someone said it.

14. iPoster macrumors regular

While I appreciate the time, money and skill that go into customizing, I don't 'get' it either. Why put all that time and effort and money into something that at best will last 10 years, probably less with all the modifications and additional moving parts? IMHO someone would be better off taking the money spent on customizing and buy a better vehicle in the first place. Reminds me of a guy I knew who bought a $13k car (Honda IIRC) and put $30k into customizing it. :rolleyes:

Or better yet, spend the money on a buch of PM G5's and make a Folding Farm! ;)

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That is awesome steeleclipse. Nice pictures. Is that a picture of you on the last page? Sounds as though she would be a friend worth having. Good luck. ;)

16. wozzlewoozle macrumors regular

AAARGHHH!!! I can't wait for gas to hit $4 or $5 a litre so that all of these gas-guzzlers will disappear!!! Why on earth does anyone need that?

17. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Who cares. Why would you replace a range rover with a "super-charged" one?

It's a hobby for people and if you have the money, why not. I have a friend who does it and it's fun, we take it to shows, he wins trophies. If you have the money and it's enjoyable, why not. I'm sure you realize with all your nice cars that sometimes money is indispensable in many cases.

jon

18. Chaywa macrumors member

Well, global warming and peak oil for starters. I can't decide whether I'm disgusted or amused by the idiocy that drives people to own and operate vehicles this large. Try this on:

"It's a hobby for people and if you don't give a rats a$$ about how you effect the people who share this planet with you, why not?"

19. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Of course, what MacRumor's thread would be complete without the good ol' politics. Not that it matters. But during my world travels there are far worse places with their vehicles than some Denali's and Escalades driving the highways. Cairo, Bangkok and Mexico City are some prime examples that I've experienced within the past year, and I didn't see many SUV's in those towns.

jon

20. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

21. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

Your Caddilac is missing the big metal spoiler on the back. :rolleyes:

Absolutely hideous is a huge understatement. Buy a nice car and you won't have to modify it.

22. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

Clearly you are way too refined for such an abomination... I apologize for any inconvenience this post may have caused you

23. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

buy a nice car? what do you have?

24. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

thank you... no thats not me :D i appreciate your kind words... it would be nice if some people didnt say anything at all as opposed to being rude :D

25. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

nobody needs it, and thats why its fun :D