Crazy Steve Ballmer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DCapple, Mar 29, 2006.

1. DCapple macrumors regular

DCapple

Can you believe Steve Ballmer is telling his kids not to listen to an iPod adn dont even use Google?

He is one of those rich crazy people!..lol...

Cause if Im one of the top employee of Windows i wont let my children not to take part of the technology if they want an Apple, ill give them Apple, its not like im violating any law...am i?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

im mean come on dont let your work interfere with your family life!!

do you agree with me? huh?!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's hardly the craziest thing he's ever done...

3. mcadam macrumors 6502a

mcadam

Do you have link to an interview or something where he says that?... or is it just common knowledge?

A

4. DCapple thread starter macrumors regular

DCapple

5. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

This isn't that unrealistic. The mother of an old roomate of mine was an upper-level manager at Minute Maid which is owned by Coca-Cola. Her company contract would not allow her to drink or purchase Pepsi products in public. I would assume this is considered normal. I'm sure Steve Jobs doesn't have a Windows Media Center PC hooked to his TV.

7. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Well, I feel sorry for his kids, having to carry around <insert iPod killer here> when everyone else has iPods.

But seriously, does a thing like that extend to one's children? In other words, your roommate couldn't drink Pepsi products either? It would suck if that were the case.

8. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

No, it didn't extend to her children or husband. But I assume the higher up you go in the company, the stricter the policy is.

People are making a big deal about this. Can you imagine what people would say if an article was written about how Ballmer's children have iPods?

9. bluebomberman macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Other children rebel by dyeing their hair pink, getting a tattoo, hooking up with a 30-year-old biker dude, binging on beer...

Steve Ballmer's kids rebel by secretly opening a Gmail account.

10. DCapple thread starter macrumors regular

DCapple

Is it really in a policy? If i were them i would take it as a challenge and think of ways to overcome the competition....instead of preventing his children in getting an iPod i think he should use it and think of ways to have the same product and improve it...thats a healthy competition! ;)