Crazy Things are happening

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Minkintosh, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Minkintosh macrumors newbie

Just today my PowerBook started acting up. First I noticed that I had two options for restarting, two options for force quitting and two options for Shutting down, as can be seen on the attachments.

I thought that this might jut be a safari problem, but I get the same option when I am in the finder. Another thing that I noticed is that I in almost every window there is a black box around a certain item. On most web pages the black is around the back button, but on MacRumors the black box is around the MacRumors picture on the upper left of the site.

I know that this problem might go away if I restore my system, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and why it occurred. I have not installed anything on my system in months and I have not put any new files on it in a few days. I am so confused as to why this is happening.

On a side not, on my iMac my mouse icon is stuck in the upper left corner of the screen. It is a bluetooth apple 1 button mouse. The click function works because I can click on the apple, but I cannot move the mouse on the screen, I tried with another BT mouse and it had the same problem. A wired mouse works though. Any ideas?

Nevermind. There was an item in the universal access for voice over that was off before, but turned on for some reason.

Please disreguard this thread.

2. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I just got this problem last night....exact same issue! But, turning off Universal Access did NOT help~

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

grafikat, maybe post a screenshot of your problem. :)

4. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Perhaps just a screenshot of my brain.....:rolleyes:

I turned off the keyboard shortcut but didn't actually turn off the Universal access itself!

For anyone who's interested, I was using the photoshop keyboard shortcut for "fill" which just happens to be the same on the system for turning on the speak command thingy.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew