Crazy Weather!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Whyren, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Whyren macrumors 6502a

Whyren

This is nuts. Anyone who likes ambiguous weather should move to Iowa. I'm sure many of you have heard of our severe weather on Saturday. We had major tornadoes blowing across central Iowa causing tons of damage. There were, I believe, about 24 total sightings/radar indications. First of all, November tornadoes are unusual to begin with. But this is worse than the vast majority of the severe weather we had during the summer–peak tornado months.

And now, three days later, what do we get? A Winter Storm! According to NWS, we're expecting anywhere from 1-6 inches of snow, plus high winds gusting to 50 mph causing near blizzard conditions. We went from temperatures at about 70 F to barely getting above freezing in that amount of time. I guess the saying goes if you don't like the weather in Iowa, wait a week, and I know this isn't the first usual weather situation, but I just had to rant a bit.

Anyone else have interesting drastic weather changes where you live?

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

It was beautiful this weekend here in the south...almost 80 in the daytime, 60s at night. We're finally getting some rain today. It's supposed to be in the 20s at night later this week. I'm used to mild Thanksgivings and Christmases, but, you never know...