Create a Hoax, Earn Damnation (The website ...

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Feb 4, 2004.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2002
    DFW, TX, USA
  3. macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    My god, can we just stop this already, this guy has gone well past his 15min of fame.

/end rant
  4. macrumors 6502a

Nov 26, 2002
    sunny san diego
    "Mac users are nuttier than a fruitcake," Andy said.

here we go again... if this [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] [bleep] would kindly flush himself down a toilet, then i can get back to work instead of sitting on mac rumors sites all day.
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 26, 2003
    Hollywood, FL
  6. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Since it's a hoax I'd settle for just setting this guys testicles on fire. ;)

Don't want to go too far with punishment of a silly joke/excuse.
  7. macrumors member

Jul 22, 2002
    Well I don't know about you, but this is what I love most in the world:

1. God
    2. Family
    3. Pets
    4. Musical Instruments
    5. Macintosh

So smashing Dalmatians with a club would be terrible, painting guitars pink and cutting off their necks would be horrible, and, uh, gutting a G5 and placing crap PC parts in the case would be awful.

No wonder this guy got 1,500 e-mails. We Mac users aren't crazy -- this guy is! Nobody cares if a Dell gets gutted. Why? Because nobody cares about Dell!!! Do you think anybody would put a Dell computer on their love list below pets???

P. S. Just want to make sure you all know that I never e-mailed this guy myself. I would never stoop to that level. But I can't help but feel slightly sympathetic with his detractors. :)
  8. macrumors 603

Oct 16, 2003
    I must admit that even if I love my new PowerBook, I don't think a person deserves to die, have his testicles burned or go to hell, just because he destroyed his own Dual G5.

Stupid, yes. Worthy of damnation, no.

This hoax person certainly is entitled to laugh at the "insanity" of some of the Mac-zealots' mails he got.
  9. macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    In a Mauve Dream
    My ONLY 2 Cents:

What PC is in display at the Museum of Modern Arts? That's right, NONE. Macs? The G4 Cube. I love to tell that one to Wintel Freaks. They have NOTHING to come back with: because they do not appreciate Art, or don't even know the MOMA exists.
  10. macrumors 6502a

Jerry Spoon

Jan 8, 2002
    Historic St. Charles
    Musical Instruments before your Mac? Where are your priorities man! ;)
  11. macrumors regular

Sep 23, 2003
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    We got what he deserved. :) I still think his "explanation" is more of a cover to get him out of this jam. Don't mess with the Mac community. :D
  12. macrumors regular

Jul 9, 2002
    This is a reflection on Mac-users

If the stereo type fits, wear it. Everybody dismisses Mac users as "zealots" and all those people who freaked out on this guy were lemmings falling into a trap. He exposed those Mac users for what they are, and in the process helped to further a stereotype and his agenda. Good for him, he totally won. The losers are the Mac users, especially the moderates (and the sane, if I do say so myself), for they now wear the same hat.

But, back to reality, I don't really give a crap.
  13. macrumors 601

Aug 19, 2003
    Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    we love our macs because they are machines that actually deserve to be loved
  14. macrumors 6502

Mar 4, 2003
    NC, USA
    My Macintosh has crashed once (700mhz iMac). That about wraps up every possible argument with a PC user. :)
  15. macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Thank you, thanks you.

My e-mail made it indirectly to a webpage... yay!

Ah just stupid guy...
  16. macrumors 6502

Dec 2, 2002
    Los Angeles
    "I'm a parent, and if my son did something like this (hoax) I'd kill him."

wow, that person needs help.
  17. macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2002
    South Australia
    I didn't send him any e-mail since it was his own choice, even if it was a stupid thing.

If this is a hoax that means the G5 in the first picture is safe, and that's all we want :)
  18. macrumors 6502

Nov 5, 2003
    Fargo, ND
    Well I'm totally against violence so that whole kill him thing is all wrong to me, but if his first story is true, he isn't the brightest person in the world. I mean I paid for all of my eMac. If someone was lucky enough for their parents to GIVE them a dual g5 is just a wet dream to me.

Oh well it is sort of funny how we all blew up. Go macs though. I'm not ashamed to say I love my computer.