Create HDR photos with Hydra

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jan 4, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

[​IMG]

Category: 3rd Party Software
    Link: Create HDR photos with Hydra
    Description:: Hydra is Mac software that gives human eye perception to photographies by creating high dynamic range (HDR) images from a series of regular photographies, either from DSLRs or traditional point-and-shoot cameras.

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug

2. macrumors 6502a

Mydel

I wonder how good is that app as compared to photomatix. Anyone tried already?

3. JNB
    macrumors 604

JNB

Nothing's available until MWSF, but after looking at the tutorials, it compares to Photomatix as iPhoto does to Aperture, or PSE to PS. There are some limits (4 photos max), and mapping & compression are mostly hidden from the user except for a couple of basic controls. The image position-matching seems to be pretty cool, and I can see some use for it (especially since having a tripod all the time is a non-starter). I'll definitely try the trial version as soon as it comes out, but whether it's worth $60 (or even $40 until the end of January), I can't say yet.

4. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. This seems pretty good for, say taking pictures of observatories and matching them with their nighttime counterparts like you see on APOD all the time, but the image-matching algorithm involves human interaction to the point where it's kind of manual.

5. macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Eh, I'll stick with CS3 and Photomatix,

6. macrumors 6502a

Mydel

Yeah I think I will also stick to Photomatix. My only complain there is an icon:eek: