Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uccisore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Hello,

I have the following app on my iPhone are: http://www.djay-software.com/accessories/remote
This app works with my app on my MBP Djay. Very cool and works perfectly! The problem is that this only works on a wireless network. I would really like to use this without a network. I have read something about a computer-to-computer network, is this possible? If I want to create a new network without password and then it takes one hour and then really I still have no network. Should not take so long .. And password I do not understand, ASCII characters or other characters or something? Hopefully reaction because it would simply have to work ..
Thanks.

chrismacguy

macrumors 68000
Feb 13, 2009
United Kingdom
That app requires a wireless network between your iPod/iPhone and your Mac. It is unlikely that a computer-computer network would work, as iOS doesnt really like connecting to a Computer as a temporary Wi-Fi (Ive tried this hundreds of times between both my MacBook/PowerBook and iPod Touch) - The password means that only you can access your temporary wireless network, it can be whatever you like so long as it meets the specification, and is ASCII (anything you can type on your keyboard should work fine).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.