Creating a black background on a PDF with no margins? Urgent!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stevehp, Nov 29, 2006.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

Hi All,

I am in a bind. I have an image with a black background that I need to save to PDF. I can get it to save as a PDF file without problems, but I dont want any white margins - I want it to be all black. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? Thanks! :D

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm not sure exactly what you mean - I took a JPEG that was mostly black, opened it in Preview, saved it as a PDF, and there was no change in its appearance - no white background. What is it you're trying to do?

3. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

I just mean a black border...sort of like a print border. Basically, I want the black to bleed right to the edge of the paper when I print it. Is that possible?

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Ah, I see. Well, I'm sure it's possible - I see it all the time - but I have no expertise in that area. I'd imagine that the "no margins" part has as much to do with your printer as with your PDF file - some printers can handle borderless prints, and others can't. Sorry I can't be of more help.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

That's 100% dependent on your printer. Is it a home printer? Some can't print boarderless. If your document is smaller than the size of the paper you're printing on, then you can place some crop marks and then cut it out so it has a full bleed.

6. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm...okay thanks. Right now I am trying to do it in InDesign and export it as a one page eBook. maybe that'll work.

It's not my printer I am concerned with. It's someone elses.