Creating a Venn Diagram using Word...

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by buffalo, Aug 30, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

I need to make a venn diagram for an English assignment. Is the any tempate or formatting available to type out the diagram (including the text, not just the circles)? I have the Student Edition of Office or could install my trial of iWork '06 if it's easier there.

Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

I found this Microsoft help page, but can't seem to find the Mac buttons.

Am I missing anything?

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

bumping this once...

Not a big deal if no one knows, I guess I'll have to cut and paste onto a seperate piece of paper.

4. macrumors 68020

thedude110

You could certainly use the oval drawing tool to make two overlapping circles and then put three textboxes into the appropriate area.

The second to last link on this page will give you a Venn diagram template (I tested the download and can vouch for its being legit), but I didn't try to type into the diagram, etc.

Hope this helps.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the template! I was able to type into it well enough using textboxes.

This thread has surved its purpose, so feel free to lock/delete this thread if you want.

6. macrumors regular

You could just simply google for it. There are many websites that show that type of diagram. I use them all the time when i teach. Search the net, im sure you should be able to find something.

7. shan4djfun, May 20, 2013
    Last edited: May 20, 2013

macrumors newbie

You can complete a complete diagram using word, or visio. But it is bit hard to cope with unless you are good with visio. My suggestion is to try a visio alternative. There are few good ones out there with easy tutes as well. This Visio alternative can solve your problem