Creating a White Background in FCP

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Zo0LanDeR88, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Zo0LanDeR88 macrumors newbie

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey all
    I was wondering if there's a way in Final Cut Pro to create a white background, like a type of slug, where text and images can be applied over it. Appreciate any responses, i have FCP 4.5.

2. obeygiant macrumors 68040

Jan 14, 2002
    totally cool

go to photoshop
    make a 640x480 or 720x480 white screen
    then import into FCP
  3. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    Wow thats overkill. NO need for photoshop.

FCP has the render color or render slug built in, I forget the exact naming and since I dont have it on this machine I cant look.

But in the viewer window the lower right pop up menu has everything you need for things to be "created inside FCP", like text (use livetype tho unless its a static word or two) and shapes.

So in the end, its called slug and you answered your own question.
  4. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

May 31, 2004
    Cape Breton Island
    Like Sdashiki said, open the viewer, click the "A" in the filmstrip icon, then go to "Matte", select "Color" and then click the control tab and pick your colour.
  5. bopdubop macrumors newbie

Sep 3, 2010

Thank you SO much Sharewaredemon. You just saved me so much time. much appreciated for your input.
  6. -DH macrumors 65816

Nov 28, 2006
    Nashville Tennessee
    I agree that using the Color Matte generator in FCP would be the simplest method, but if you do make a matte in Photoshop, don't use white. Set the RGB values for 235-235-235. The white setting of 255-255-255 is too bright for video.