Creating Alternate Audio Tracks in iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RDReynolds, Jan 30, 2005.

1. RDReynolds macrumors member

First off, thanks to everyone who gave their advice on what camcorder to get so I could not only shoot home movies, but also convert my old VHS stuff to DVD. I wound up getting a Canon ZR90 at Best Buy at almost half price (they were closing them out) and I love it so far.

Now my next question: is there any way to create an alternate commentary track in either iDVD or iMovie? Or do you need something more complex than that to pull this off?

Thanks!

RD

2. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

There's a microphone input in the audio tab of iMovie, select Mic input in the Sound control panel, and hit record, if you have an audio interface, then you'll need to select that.

I've never done it as I use ProTools to record voiceovers, but the principle is the same.

Both iMovie and iDVD will import audio files from iTunes, so if you want to record audio into Garageband, you can drop it into iTunes.

Soundtrack is a better option as you can view the video directly in the app as your recording.

3. RDReynolds thread starter macrumors member

Will that be selectable as a second track, or will it just be there? I want the user to be able to choose which track they want to listen to, just like on a "real" DVD release...

Thanks!

RD