creating DVD "compilation"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PickledSquirrel, May 11, 2004.

1. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

And yes, I have made several searches ;)
    I have a number of DVDs with short-films on them. (school projects) I need to take some (not all!) of the films and burn them onto one DVD. In other words, how do I seperate the different films on the discs, so I only get the ones I want on the final DVD

:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

You don't have backup of your .dv or .mov files? That would be the easiest and best thing.

Rip your DVD using DVD Backup. Then run that through 0Sex and edit out the individual movies in iMovie.

3. PickledSquirrel thread starter macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

????? I'm feeling very blond...:confused:
    When I rip with DVD backup, I get a bunch of files, .VOB, .BUP, . IFO. Same as are on the disc. I can't get them to cooperate with OSEx, though. It will only open actual DVD-discs.

Then I tried ripping with OSEx, which gives me 1 .VOB for each film.

Neither will open in iMovie.

I expect I will need to create a menu to navigate through the different films on my DVD player as well. Can iMovie do that?

Any help very much appreciated. Thanx
    :confused:

4. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    i mentioned this in another thread, you should be able to open the VOB with QT, and export it to what format you prefer... mind you that it takes forever to export an entire 1gb VOB on my G4.. and

remember to follow all copyright laws. :)