Creating Logo question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BLDun, Jul 30, 2006.

1. BLDun macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2005
    I am trying to design a new logo in Appleworks 6. I have used some text and some that I drew by hand and added a small graphic. Question. How do I convert the whole thing into one graphic? I can group it but is Appleworks capable of converting it so that I can I can import it into other applications and resize it? If not what is the best program to do that and is affordable? Thanks for the help
  2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Oh yeah, good old Appleworks.

The clipboard will be an exercise in heartbreak because you will end up with a bitmap at 72 dpi. If you scale your document wayyyyy up before copying, you might be okay, but you'll still have a bitmap.

One way out of the predicament might be to print the document, and save as PDF from the print dialog. If that works out, quite a few programs can import PDF and do something useful.

[ update: I just did a roundrect, ellipse and the word "Meow" in Comic Sans in an
    AppleWorks Draw document and printed to a PDF, and opening the result in Illustrator had proper vectors and editable text. Yay. ]

[ & more: copy and paste from AppleWorks to Illustrator ends up with vectors, but a mess. It may still be better than nothing, but the print-to-PDF route is much more satisfactory.]
  3. BLDun thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2005
    Thanks for the help. Seems to work great so far. Lot cheaper than buying a new program!!
  4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Nov 13, 2003
    If appleworks does not work out, try GIMPshop its free. :)
  5. MisterMe macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    And you will get a bitmap.